Policy and Committee Executive
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a policy and committee executive to join our BMA Cymru Wales, policy and committee team at this crucial time for the medical profession.
In this role you will be:
- playing a key role in policy development and influencing the external policy environment
- supporting a large BMA Cymru Wales medical committee, and its executive team
- engaging directly with the wider medical profession and key decision makers across Welsh Government and NHS Wales on matters of interest to the medical profession, including contract negotiations
You should have experience working:
- within the health policy environment and/or the level of understanding you have of the current issues facing the delivery of health care
- taking a strategic overview of complex or sensitive issues and reporting these in a written format (e.g. to colleagues and/or senior managers)
- organising senior level meetings or events
- managing and prioritising work appropriately in a fast-paced environment
- working as part of a team.
To be successful in this role you must:
- be highly organised
- be able to manage a busy workload, often with competing priorities
- have sound written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- have an eye for detail
- Previous experience of working with committees, or in a membership-based organisation, would be an advantage.
Why work for us?
As a BMA employee, you`ll receive:
- Generous annual leave provision, plus 1 company day and public holidays
- Double matching pension contributions up to 12% of salary
- Season ticket loan (up to £10,000) after completion of probationary period
- Additional flexible benefits.
You may be working remotely initially, but we`ll provide all the support you need. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply through our website. For any queries please email email@example.com
Diversity & Inclusion Monitoring:
We need your support to make sure our staff come from a variety of backgrounds so we especially welcome applications from disadvantaged communities. Even if you`re not selected, it would be really helpful if you could complete the diversity & inclusion data when you apply for this role, because we can make sure we are encouraging a diverse mixture of candidates to apply. Thank you very much.