Are you a newly-qualified accountant looking to contribute to the growth of a prestigious organisation? The British Medical Association is embarking on an exciting phase of development and this role is integral to that change.
You would be doing work which is wide and varied, including supporting key stakeholders and contributing to the monthly management reporting, budgeting and re-forecasting cycles.
Your key tasks would include:
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts
- Business partner to a number of key directorates
- Finance lead for BMA Charities/joint venture, liaising with trustees and external auditors – experience of charities SORP would be useful, but isn’t critical
- Consolidation of the annual budget and re-forecasts
- Responsible for a number of key sections of the balance sheet including inter-company accounting
If you’re a newly-qualified accountant (e.g. CIMA, ACCA, equivalent), and have
- advanced Excel skills
- PowerBI report writing experience
- excellent analytical ability with an eye for detail and demonstrably high levels of consistent accuracy
- excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with the ability to influence key stakeholders
- experience of working well under pressure to agreed deadlines, while remaining positive and pro-active,
then we’d love to hear from you.
Why work for us?
As a BMA employee, you`ll receive:
- Generous annual leave provision, plus 1 company day and public holidays
- Double matching pension contributions up to 12% of salary
- Season ticket loan (up to £10,000) after completion of probationary period
- Additional flexible benefits.
You may be working remotely initially, but we`ll provide all the support you need. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply through our website. For any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity & Inclusion Monitoring:
We need your support to make sure our staff come from a variety of backgrounds so we especially welcome applications from disadvantaged communities. Even if you`re not selected, it would be really helpful if you could complete the diversity & inclusion data when you apply for this role, because we can make sure we are encouraging a diverse mixture of candidates to apply. Thank you very much.