The BMA Wales, is looking for a part-time Media Officer, (14 hours per week but there is some flexibility) to join the team on a fixed-term contract until September 2022.
Reporting to the Head of Media and Public Affairs, the Media Officer will play a vital role within the team and wider BMA through ensuring that the Association is represented in the media on key aspects of health policy.
The media officer will:
- have specific responsibility for internal communications and social media.
- sound news judgement,
- enthusiasm and the ability to interpret information and know what makes a story newsworthy
The successful post holder must have:
- the ability to keep a level head during a crisis
- experience dealing with the media,
The British Medical Association (BMA) is the trade union and professional association for doctors providing a wide range of services to its members, including guidance, support and representation.
Why work for us?
As a BMA employee, you`ll receive:
- Generous annual leave provision, plus 1 company day and public holidays
- Double matching pension contributions up to 12% of salary
- Season ticket loan (up to £10,000) after completion of probationary period
- Additional flexible benefits.
You may be working remotely initially, but we`ll provide all the support you need. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply through our website. For any queries please email email@example.com
Diversity & Inclusion Monitoring:
We need your support to make sure our staff come from a variety of backgrounds so we especially welcome applications from disadvantaged communities. Even if you`re not selected, it would be really helpful if you could complete the diversity & inclusion data when you apply for this role, because we can make sure we are encouraging a diverse mixture of candidates to apply. Thank you very much.