The purpose of the role is to provide support and testing for customer and internal facing IT solutions to ensure they meet business requirements and business needs.
The post holder will need to understand in detail BMA Business systems across a spectrum of technologies and platforms. The Application Support Consultant – Testing will translate business requirements into testing deliverables and will deliver technical testing, on time, on budget, and to agreed quality standards.
The successful candidate will:
- manage day-to-day relationships with Applications Support peers, Architecture, Development and Data & Integration teams
- provide specialist support and guidance on areas of technical expertise.
- support and facilitate the rollout of automated testing.
- provide advice to users on specific system requirements.
- analyse the impact on the business of certain user requirements.
- undertake Regression and Exception testing on new database builds.
- deliver quality technical products and standard documentation as directed.
- flexible with the ability to prioritise workload
- support system testing of BMA end user computing and web based systems
- support staff with User Acceptance testing.
- produce summary and detailed ad-hoc reports
- quality Assure development by producing test scripts
- write user guides for specific applications and reference articles of the Auditors.
- administer the day-to-day running of testing and code control, and changing the configuration, as and when required.
Ideal Candidate will:
- be educated to Degree level
- have 3 years+ experience in a testing role
- have a proven experience in a similar role
- have good analytical skills
- have an understanding of development methodologies including Agile Software Development.
- have an understanding of test automation processes and tools.
- have strong communication skills, with the ability to articulate and provide clear, concise guidance on risks, issues and benefits
- have experience in database design and development and the data held. Understand physical and logical data models.
- have Experience of delivering test automation for end user computing and web based applications
- have experience working across a mix of complex parallel developments
- have experience working across a mix of technology platforms and environments
- have a personal track record of delivering solutions in partnership with a range of business and technical owners
- have effective time management and co-ordination of priorities.
- have strong communication skills, with the ability to articulate and provide clear, concise guidance on risks, issues and benefits.
Why work for us?
As a BMA employee, you`ll receive:
- Generous annual leave provision, plus 1 company day and public holidays
- Double matching pension contributions up to 12% of salary
- Season ticket loan (up to £10,000) after completion of probationary period
- Additional flexible benefits.
You may be working remotely initially, but we`ll provide all the support you need. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply through our website. For any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity & Inclusion Monitoring:
We need your support to make sure our staff come from a variety of backgrounds so we especially welcome applications from disadvantaged communities. Even if you`re not selected, it would be really helpful if you could complete the diversity & inclusion data when you apply for this role, because we can make sure we are encouraging a diverse mixture of candidates to apply. Thank you very much.