Business intelligence developer
The BMA is recruiting a BI developer who will join the team that transforms data into meaningful information, and play a key role in enabling BMA to deliver value from data. It also presents an opportunity to continue working along side innovative Microsoft and Azure technologies and tools. This is a permanent, full–time contract.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic BI developer who can:
- Work closely and collaboratively with the BI team on the design and integration of data solutions.
- Develop, enhance, document underlying analytical dataset, as well as data visualisation reports and dashboards.
Our BI developer needs to have the ability to:
- Explore new questions, opportunities, data, and techniques.
- Consider problems in the context of organisation goals.
- Be impartial, scientific, hypothesis-driven approach to work.
- Develop good working relationships with all areas of the BMA.
- Bring ideas as well as a can-do attitude, and willingness to learn.
- Data orientated with good level of numerical, analytical, statistical, and data manipulation skills.
- Experience with data visualisation tools and their ecosystems.
- Understanding of analytical semantics models and their coding.
- Proficiency in database and data modelling techniques and methodologies.
- Proficiency in using scripting, programming, and query languages.
- Understanding of Microsoft technology and its data analytical platforms, from data warehousing and integration services to advanced analytics and report collaboration.
Why work for us?
As a BMA employee, you`ll receive:
- Generous annual leave provision, plus 1 company day and public holidays
- Double matching pension contributions up to 12% of salary
- Season ticket loan (up to £10,000) after completion of probationary period
- Additional flexible benefits.
You may be working remotely initially, but we`ll provide all the support you need. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply through our website. For any queries please email email@example.com
Diversity & Inclusion Monitoring:
We need your support to make sure our staff come from a variety of backgrounds so we especially welcome applications from disadvantaged communities. Even if you`re not selected, it would be really helpful if you could complete the diversity & inclusion data when you apply for this role, because we can make sure we are encouraging a diverse mixture of candidates to apply. Thank you very much.