Do you enjoy arranging events? Are you someone who is confident to support everything from conferences, seminars, and training courses to receptions and dinners - any of which could be held in-person or virtually? Then we'd like to hear from you.
As a Conference Assistant at the BMA, you will:
- provide administrative support by setting up events on the unit’s database, processing registration forms and preparing reports to ensure the smooth running of an event
- maintain and keep up to date the relevant administrative systems
- be able to receive and respond to enquiries from/to members/non-members
- prepare conference documentation
- attend events and manage the registration desk (training will be given) at events as required
You'll need to be able to demonstrate:
- strong IT skills, including office applications – experience of using databases is an advantage but training will be given
- good communication skills and to be highly organised
- excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- ability to work as part of a small team
- an attention for detail and to work to a consistently high level of accuracy
- ability to prioritise own workload and to keep to tight deadlines
- ability to work under pressure and respond to ever changing priorities
This is a permanent role.
If you think you'd be able to hit the ground running with this job, we'd welcome your application.
Why work for us?
As a BMA employee, you`ll receive:
- Generous annual leave provision, plus 1 company day and public holidays
- Double matching pension contributions up to 12% of salary
- Season ticket loan (up to £10,000) after completion of probationary period
- Additional flexible benefits.
Whether the role needs you to work at home, in an office or in a hybrid way, we`ll provide all the support you need. If this sound like the right opportunity for you, please apply through our website. For any queries please email email@example.com
Diversity & Inclusion Monitoring:
We need your support to make sure our staff come from a variety of backgrounds so we especially welcome applications from disadvantaged communities. Even if you`re not selected, it would be really helpful if you could complete the diversity & inclusion data when you apply for this role, because we can make sure we are encouraging a diverse mixture of candidates to apply. Thank you very much.