To help design, build, test and support customer-focussed robust and scalable IT solutions - translating business requirements into deliverable and delivered technical solutions, on time, on budget, and to agreed quality standards. To manage day-to-day relationships with associated customers, Service Delivery and Infrastructure, Applications Support, Data and Integration and Strategy, Architecture and Engagement teams to provide specialist support and guidance on areas of Business analysis, system requirements engineering, test management, project administration and implementation.
- To design IT applications and solutions: ensuring technical requirements are met in the most efficient and effective way possible, working in partnership with the Technical Managers, and Architecture Team.
- To provide expert advice in technical system design to both internal and external stakeholders.
- To take overall responsibility for ensuring, prior to the commencement of any technical development work, that architectural standards are agreed and an architectural blueprint is in place.
- To provide expert advice on technical design, including through formal review of technical developments and coding standards, ensuring robust, scaleable and standardised technical development.
- Support existing system by resolving incident and service request tickets.
- To review change requests, ensuring that any changes are aligned with the overall functional designs.
- To implement change requests and new functionality
- To support the release of technical changes as part of the successful transition to ongoing Application Management as part of the Service Delivery team.
- To ensure that deployments or transports are successfully applied through the testing and live environments.
- To support handover to the application management team of all new functionality.
- Autonomy to carry out most work according to self assessed priorities
- Ability to suggest, research and implement improvements and solutions, without pre-empting by others.
- Majority of the work is project based and developmental, requiring research, making suggestions and recommendations, and using creativity to create prototype. Minimum supervision required.
- Prepare feasibility studies on new services/technologies
For this role the ideal candidate should have:
- Educated to Degree level with a qualification in a numerate discipline.
- 5+ years’ experience with software development, specifically around Microsoft technologies and tools.
- Able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Proven communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft .NET Core development using C#
- Develop and Support applications in Azure
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments
- Experience with supporting Microsoft products (SQL Server, SharePoint, IIS)
- Demonstrate experience writing low-level design.
- Involvement in the unit test case/script writing.
- End to end experience of the project lifecycle
- Experience and knowledge of Webservices & Web API
- Experience working with Web Services Json/Xml
- Excellent programming expertise in frameworks like (.NET Core, Angular)
- Experience of databases including use of stored procedures
- Knowledge of .Net Framework 2/3.5/4+ difference and benefits of these frameworks
- Experience working on an agile development team.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
Why work for us?
As a BMA employee, you`ll receive:
- Generous annual leave provision, plus 1 company day and public holidays
- Double matching pension contributions up to 12% of salary
- Season ticket loan (up to £10,000) after completion of probationary period
- Additional flexible benefits.
You may be working remotely initially, but we`ll provide all the support you need. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply through our website. For any queries please email email@example.com
Diversity & Inclusion Monitoring:
We need your support to make sure our staff come from a variety of backgrounds so we especially welcome applications from disadvantaged communities. Even if you`re not selected, it would be really helpful if you could complete the diversity & inclusion data when you apply for this role, because we can make sure we are encouraging a diverse mixture of candidates to apply. Thank you very much.