About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a candidate with strong employee relations experience to join the Employer Advisory Service. This team provides employment law and HR advice to our GP practice and Primary Care Network members regarding the management of their staff.
We're looking for a candidate with experience gained as an Employee Relations Advisor, Case Manager or HR manager with a strong Employee Relations focus. The successful candidate will provide employment law and HR advice to our members who are GPs and line managers via telephone and email.
Daily casework will vary between day-to-day people management issues, formal process advice, the issuing and drafting of settlement agreements.
Experience in giving initial advice around GP partnership agreements would be desirable, though not essential. Prior demonstrable experience in managing a portfolio of complex HR and employment law cases is essential.
To be successful as an Employment Adviser you'll have:
- An excellent knowledge of HR practices and an up to date knowledge of employment law
- Experience working within an Employment Advisory or Employee Relations role
- Minimum level 5 CIPD or relevant qualification (desirable)
- Proven experience of managing high volume complex cases
- Demonstrable experience of advising employers and managers on staff/employment issues
- Demonstrable experience advising employers on best practice and the commercial risks of poor people decisions
- Excellent IT skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- Strong relationship building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the NHS structure and major NHS issues would be an advantage
- Knowledge and understanding about partnership issues is advantageous
- A team player who can work well autonomously and as part of a team
All Employment Advisers are home-based, and IT equipment will provided. While the location is flexible, and travel is not extensive, we require the successful applicant to be able to attend meetings on a regular, and ad-hoc, basis at various locations, including our head office in London.
Why work for us?
We offer a wide range of benefits including:
- 30 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays and a BMA company day
- Double matching pension contributions up to 12% of salary
- Additional leave entitlement for volunteering or moving house (after completion of probationary period)
- Onsite gym and subsidised café at BMA House
- BMA Law - discounted rates for employees requiring legal services such as will writing/conveyancing
- Multiple flexible benefits and discounts through our employee benefits platform
- Lots of Learning and Development/training opportunities via our internal learning hub
- Season ticket loan (up to £10,000) after completion of probationary period
The BMA endeavours to be an inclusive employer, ensuring fairness and consistency to select the best candidate for roles. To support our aims, we use specific software to remove all personal identifying information from CVs and applications. Personal information such as name, date of birth, age and gender are anonymised and will only become visible to hiring managers if you are selected for interview.
Whether the role needs you to work at home, in an office or in a hybrid way, we`ll provide all the support you need.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply through our website. However, if you require any reasonable adjustments or additional support at any point during the application process, please email email@example.com.
Diversity & Inclusion Monitoring:
Our ambition is to work together to promote a more inclusive environment, which attracts everybody with the right skills and experience and signals our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity.
BMA is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We want people to bring their unique blend of experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and knowledge as we recognise that diversity makes us stronger.
Please note, we are unable to provide sponsorship under the UK points-based immigration system, as we do not hold a sponsorship licence.