Field events coordinator
The British Medical Association is looking for a Field events coordinators to join our team on a permanent, full time contract.
You will support the delivery of a UK-wide programme of events and activities that drive membership recruitment. Co-ordinate the collateral, logistics and scheduling of face-to-face events and activities.
In your role you will:
- Organise and plan the BMA’s presence at Junior doctor inductions and Freshers campaigns recruiting members. This includes speaking with the hospital contacts to gather dates and all information (timings, numbers, locations, catering request, sponsorship)
- Manage professional relationships with internal clients, departments and key event/exhibition contacts including the BMJ to identify volunteers, speakers, and potential leads for recruitment activities.
- Organise and order marketing resources for staff in England and Nations (UK wide)
- Represent and promote the BMA at internal and external events and conferences as required.
- Managing and setting up the ARM exhibition over 4 days
- Support the Membership Development Managers (MDMs) with recruitment events, assisting in delivering field recruitment.
- Organise the merchandising (for all events including Inductions/Freshers) Research/feedback from MDMs team/order/liaison with suppliers getting competitive quotes.
- Admin support for the Head of Local recruitment and Membership development managers x10 for travel/accommodation/marketing material orders/deliveries.
- Day to day management of the National Recruitment HUB (Recruitment Support Unit) for BMA Reps and staff to access training, advice and recruitment materials.
- Admin support for GMC Welcome to the UK x100 virtual events
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Experience of event logistics and operations
- Highly organised and excellent communication skills
- Strong IT skills, including office applications
- Experience in virtual events
- Confidence in ability and knowledge needed to represent BMA at external events
- Experience of using a Microsoft Dynamics CRM system is a plus
- An understanding of the career structure and progression of doctors is a distinct advantage.
- To work as part of a team
The British Medical Association (BMA) is the professional association and trade union for doctors and medical students in the UK. It has a prominent and influential position at the very heart of current debate over the future of healthcare provision.
Why work for us?
As a BMA employee, you`ll receive:
- Generous annual leave provision, plus 1 company day and public holidays
- Double matching pension contributions up to 12% of salary
- Season ticket loan (up to £10,000) after completion of probationary period
- Additional flexible benefits.
You may be working remotely initially, but we`ll provide all the support you need. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply through our website. For any queries please email email@example.com
Diversity & Inclusion Monitoring:
We need your support to make sure our staff come from a variety of backgrounds so we especially welcome applications from disadvantaged communities. Even if you`re not selected, it would be really helpful if you could complete the diversity & inclusion data when you apply for this role, because we can make sure we are encouraging a diverse mixture of candidates to apply. Thank you very much.