Head of Complaints and Member Liaison
We are looking for a proactive Head for the Complaints and Member Liaison team, who has a proven track record in motivating teams to deliver successfully on objectives and has excellent time management skills. The is an initial 12 months contract.
Primarily the postholder will ensure that workstreams are effective in contributing to the BMA’s vision “looking after doctors so that they can look after you”.
The purpose of the role is to fulfil this and in doing so to enhance the BMA’s reputation and perception externally as an organisation that cares about its members.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for the management of the BMA’s feedback and complaints policy and processes, including those under the BMA code of conduct, IMP and resolution process, to ensure all members and those in contact with the BMA receive a responsive and high-quality service and are satisfied with their interaction with us.
- Working across the BMA, develop approaches that support effective and efficient customer care delivery; where values such as compassion, civility, care and ‘personal service’ are embedded.
- Embed monitoring and evaluation systems to ensure that quality improvement initiatives are measured and reported on a regular basis. That complaints and feedback trends identified are shared (including via the Listening and Learning Forum) and any system, policy or structure improvements made.
The British Medical Association (BMA) is the professional association and trade union for doctors and medical students in the UK. It has a prominent and influential position at the very heart of current debate over the future of healthcare provision.
If you would like to help the BMA in its association wide activities focusing on ensuring that all of the BMA’s services are member-led and member driven to support all doctors and medical students - this role is for you.
Interviews will take place on w/c 08 November 2021.
Why work for us?
As a BMA employee, you`ll receive:
- Generous annual leave provision, plus 1 company day and public holidays
- Double matching pension contributions up to 12% of salary
- Season ticket loan (up to £10,000) after completion of probationary period
- Additional flexible benefits.
You may be working remotely initially, but we`ll provide all the support you need. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply through our website. For any queries please email email@example.com
Diversity & Inclusion Monitoring:
We need your support to make sure our staff come from a variety of backgrounds so we especially welcome applications from disadvantaged communities. Even if you`re not selected, it would be really helpful if you could complete the diversity & inclusion data when you apply for this role, because we can make sure we are encouraging a diverse mixture of candidates to apply. Thank you very much.