Head of Strategic and Commercial Estates
The British Medical Association has an estate encompassing properties across the UK. We’re now in a period of change and exploration, reviewing how we can reconfigure our estate to meet our long-term needs. We’re looking for someone who can lead this work and be the professional strategic advisor to the Board executive for all estate-related matters. It’s a big role and an important one – could you meet its challenges?
In your new role, you will be:
- the lead strategic and commercial professional for our entire UK estate
- responsible for maximising all income generation/cost avoidance opportunities
- reducing our carbon footprint
- safeguarding the Association from threats of legislative non-compliance for estates related Health & Safety
- delivering new and improved spaces for our staff and members
- managing a team of experienced professionals.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be:
- a qualified property professional with extensive experience across different sectors, including operating at senior management level
- an experienced practitioner with a thorough understanding of the property market as a whole
- a strategic thinker, who’s commercially astute and experienced in seeking out unexplored opportunities
- an excellent communicator, with strong interpersonal and networking skills;
- an influential leader with experience of complex organisations, who can motivate and develop people during periods of change
Sounds interestings? Then we’d love to hear from you!
Why work for us?
As a BMA employee, you`ll receive:
- Generous annual leave provision, plus 1 company day and public holidays
- Double matching pension contributions up to 12% of salary
- Season ticket loan (up to £10,000) after completion of probationary period
- Additional flexible benefits.
You may be working remotely initially, but we`ll provide all the support you need. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply through our website. For any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity & Inclusion Monitoring:
We need your support to make sure our staff come from a variety of backgrounds so we especially welcome applications from disadvantaged communities. Even if you`re not selected, it would be really helpful if you could complete the diversity & inclusion data when you apply for this role, because we can make sure we are encouraging a diverse mixture of candidates to apply. Thank you very much.