Member Engagement Co-ordinator
About the BMA
The British Medical Association (BMA) is the trade union and professional body for doctors in the UK. We represent, support and negotiate on behalf of all UK doctors and medical students.
Join the BMA at a crucial time for doctors and the NHS and be part of a team working for better pay and conditions for the profession.
About the role
The BMA in Northern Ireland are looking for a Member Engagement Co-ordinator to join them on a 12 month fixed term contract. This is a part time role for 32 hours per week.
It is a requirement for the successful applicant to attend events across Northern Ireland when required so a full/clean UK drivers license and access to a car is required.
The successful candidate will increase levels of member engagement, interaction and participation with the BMA through attending events and support at a local level across Northern Ireland. They will develop local relationships with members, improving overall member perception of the BMA. and will deliver a quality enhanced offer to members locally, leading to increased retention and recruitment.
We are looking for a candidate with experience of organising and presenting at events, both face to face and online.
Alongside this you will have:
- Previous experience and knowledge of running events
- Excellent communication, selling & negotiation skills
- Strong motivation and target driven
- Communication skills with confidence presenting and public speaking
- The ability to build strong relationships and networks with a wide variety of contacts
- Good prioritisation and forward planning skills
- Good accuracy skills
- Some experience and knowledge of marketing would be advantageous
Why work for us?
We offer a wide range of benefits including:
- 30 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays and a BMA company day
- Double matching pension contributions up to 12% of salary
- Additional leave entitlement for volunteering or moving house (after completion of probationary period)
- Onsite gym and subsidised café at BMA House
- BMA Law - discounted rates for employees requiring legal services such as will writing/conveyancing
- Multiple flexible benefits and discounts through our employee benefits platform
- Lots of Learning and Development/training opportunities via our internal learning hub
- Season ticket loan (up to £10,000) after completion of probationary period
The BMA endeavours to be an inclusive employer, ensuring fairness and consistency to select the best candidate for roles. To support our aims, we use specific software to remove all personal identifying information from CVs and applications. Personal information such as name, date of birth, age and gender are anonymised and will only become visible to hiring managers if you are selected for interview.
Whether the role needs you to work at home, in an office or in a hybrid way, we`ll provide all the support you need.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply through our website. However, if you require any reasonable adjustments or additional support at any point during the application process, please email email@example.com.
Diversity & Inclusion Monitoring:
Our ambition is to work together to promote a more inclusive environment, which attracts everybody signals our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity.
BMA is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We want people to bring their unique blend of experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and knowledge as we recognise that diversity makes us stronger.
Please note, we are unable to provide sponsorship under the UK points-based immigration system and we do not hold a sponsorship licence.