Are you a pensions professional looking to expand your expertise? Want to develop an engaging career as a Pensions Officer and be a part the of current debate over the future of healthcare provision.
We're looking for a pensions officer to join the BMA on a 15 months fixed term contract. You will be a permanent home worker, but we`ll provide all the support you need.
As a pensions officer at The BMA you will:
- be helping members with their occupational pension queries and you will need to be able to explain complex matters simply
- be responding to a large volume of queries and will be supporting members with ongoing concerns and appeals against scheme decisions
The ideal candidate must
- be a strong team player; telephone queries are shared between the team and can be quite involved
- Have a knowledge of how the NHS pension scheme applies to GPs
- be familiar with current issues such as pensions taxation and the McCloud case
Why work for us?
As a BMA employee, you`ll receive:
- Generous annual leave provision, plus 1 company day and public holidays
- Double matching pension contributions up to 12% of salary
- Season ticket loan (up to £10,000) after completion of probationary period
- Additional flexible benefits.
You may be working remotely initially, but we`ll provide all the support you need. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply through our website. For any queries please email email@example.com
Diversity & Inclusion Monitoring:
We need your support to make sure our staff come from a variety of backgrounds so we especially welcome applications from disadvantaged communities. Even if you`re not selected, it would be really helpful if you could complete the diversity & inclusion data when you apply for this role, because we can make sure we are encouraging a diverse mixture of candidates to apply. Thank you very much.