Policy Advice and Research Officer (COVID Inquiry)
We are looking to recruit two Policy Advice and Research Officers to join the Public Health and Healthcare (PHH) function within the BMA’s Communications and Policy directorate. These are two new 12 month roles created within the team specifically to support the BMA’s policy, research and preparatory work in the run-up to the official UK inquiry into the pandemic, alongside any separate inquiries within the devolved nations.
In your new role you will:
- review, summarise and analyse evidence submitted by BMA members and external stakeholders across the UK
- support the production of a number of ‘lessons’ learnt reports through research, analysis and the drafting of policy and research notes
- provide intelligence and analysis of issues across the UK
- work closely with colleagues across the BMA (esp the policy, public affairs, devolved nation and legal teams) as well as the BMA’s elected members
The successful candidate will need:
- experience of conducting research and analysis and an ability to communicate analysis and research accessibly and succinctly
- to be proactive, flexible and good at building effective working relationships, as this role requires effective matrix working
- an ability to get up to speed quickly, especially if you have no prior knowledge of working in a health and public health policy
The British Medical Association (BMA) is the professional association and trade union for doctors and medical students in the UK. It has a prominent and influential position at the very heart of current debate over the future of healthcare provision. The BMA speaks for doctors at all stages of their careers and is a leading voice on a wide range of professional and political issues affecting medicine and health.
Why work for us?
As a BMA employee, you`ll receive:
- Generous annual leave provision, plus 1 company day and public holidays
- Double matching pension contributions up to 12% of salary
- Season ticket loan (up to £10,000) after completion of probationary period
- Additional flexible benefits.
You may be working remotely initially, but we`ll provide all the support you need. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply through our website. For any queries please email email@example.com
Diversity & Inclusion Monitoring:
We need your support to make sure our staff come from a variety of backgrounds so we especially welcome applications from disadvantaged communities. Even if you`re not selected, it would be really helpful if you could complete the diversity & inclusion data when you apply for this role, because we can make sure we are encouraging a diverse mixture of candidates to apply. Thank you very much.