Policy Advice and Research Officer
We are looking to recruit a Policy Advice and Research Officer to join our Population Health team within our Public Health and Healthcare function until the end of March 2022. This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in shaping the BMA’s high-profile policy work on a broad range of issues relating to population health.
The team works closely with the BMA’s democratic structures to gather evidence, develop policy solutions, advice and guidance and lobby for and deliver policy change.
Your role will be to support our programme of policy work, developing proposals that will help us influence the debate around key issues that affect the health of the public.
The Public Health and Healthcare Function sits within the BMA’s newly formed Policy and Comms Directorate. The Function’s remit spans a range of topics including:
- supporting the NHS to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic, building future resilience beyond the pandemic,
- the development of new integrated models of care, workforce and innovation
- dealing with current and future public health challenges.
To succeed in this role you will need:
- an understanding of evidence-based policy development
- to be able to grasp new concepts quickly and undertake comprehensive research and analysis of policy issues
- excellent writing skills
- to be able to undertake literature and evidence reviews
- experience of providing project management support
The British Medical Association (BMA) is the professional association and trade union for doctors and medical students in the UK. It has a prominent and influential position at the very heart of current debate over the future of healthcare provision. The BMA speaks for doctors at all stages of their careers and is a leading voice on a wide range of professional and political issues affecting medicine and health.
Why work for us?
As a BMA employee, you`ll receive:
- Generous annual leave provision, plus 1 company day and public holidays
- Double matching pension contributions up to 12% of salary
- Season ticket loan (up to £10,000) after completion of probationary period
- Additional flexible benefits.
You may be working remotely initially, but we`ll provide all the support you need. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply through our website. For any queries please email email@example.com
Diversity & Inclusion Monitoring:
We need your support to make sure our staff come from a variety of backgrounds so we especially welcome applications from disadvantaged communities. Even if you`re not selected, it would be really helpful if you could complete the diversity & inclusion data when you apply for this role, because we can make sure we are encouraging a diverse mixture of candidates to apply. Thank you very much.