Policy advice and support officer
We are looking to recruit a Policy Advice and Support Officer on a full-time, fixed-term contract to December 2021, supporting line managers and senior policy advisers within the team to help ensure the smooth running of the Employed Doctors department.
Ensuring that the BMA leads debates on the range of public health, healthcare and workforces issues is a critical function of the Directorate; so too is ensuring that our committees and internal structures work effectively and dynamically.
In your new role, you will:
- arranging meetings and draft agendas, papers and minutes for review
- undertaking research work with minimal guidance
- contribute to the development of guidance and other materials to support members
- undertake research and analysis
- draft written reports on policy issues specific to the committee.
The successful candidate will:
- have experience in providing project support
- be able to grasp new concepts quickly and work flexibly.
- have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- possess effective organisational skills
- have the practical aptitude to think quickly and respond to demands in a positive manner.
The British Medical Association (BMA) is the professional association and trade union for doctors and medical students in the UK. It has a prominent and influential position at the very heart of current debate over the future of healthcare provision. The BMA speaks for doctors at all stages of their careers and is a leading voice on a wide range of professional and political issues affecting medicine and health.
If you would like to help the BMA play its part in shaping the future of healthcare, then this role is for you.
Why work for us?
As a BMA employee, you`ll receive:
- Generous annual leave provision, plus 1 company day and public holidays
- Double matching pension contributions up to 12% of salary
- Season ticket loan (up to £10,000) after completion of probationary period
- Additional flexible benefits.
You may be working remotely initially, but we`ll provide all the support you need. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply through our website. For any queries please email email@example.com
Diversity & Inclusion Monitoring:
We need your support to make sure our staff come from a variety of backgrounds so we especially welcome applications from disadvantaged communities. Even if you`re not selected, it would be really helpful if you could complete the diversity & inclusion data when you apply for this role, because we can make sure we are encouraging a diverse mixture of candidates to apply. Thank you very much.