Senior Governance Officer
The BMA is looking to recruit a Senior Governance Officer to Join the Council Secretariat team on a full-time, permanent contract.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provide secretariat support to UK Council and Organisation committee including drafting minutes, agendas, reports and chair briefings and ensuring smooth running of meetings
- Ensure that committee(s) works within the association’s articles, bye-laws and standing orders
- Develop and deliver of an annual workplan for committee(s)
- Accountable for representing committees’ views on all relevant issues (policy development, implementation, guidance, negotiations) across the directorate
- Liaison with policy advisers, researchers, communications and engagement directorate and colleagues in other directorates as appropriate to ensure that committees’ views are incorporated into policy development including external consultations
- Develop business cases (within the directorate’s framework) to commission research, or request policy development outside of the remit of the committee(s)
- Take forward policy development and the production of support materials on issues solely within the remit of the committee(s)
- Assist the Senior Governance and Committee Manager on all governance-related issues and with the development and delivery of Council’s and the Organisation committee’s work programme.
- Assist the Senior Governance and Committee Manager with the Council’s working together better group.
- Working with the chair and deputy chair of Council and director of corporate development to deliver a programme of improvement.
- Lead support for the Strategic Reference Group providing secretarial support and co-ordinating the work programme.
- Responsible for the Council committee elections any other elections as required.
- Any other duties as directed by the Senior Governance & Committee Manager.
Council secretariat is responsible for providing support to our corporate and political governance structures, ensuring that our committees and internal structures work effectively and dynamically. It is also responsible for the planning and delivery of the BMA’s main annual policy-making conference.
The British Medical Association (BMA) is the professional association and trade union for doctors and medical students in the UK. It has a prominent and influential position at the very heart of the current debate over the future of healthcare provision.
Why work for us?
As a BMA employee, you`ll receive:
- Generous annual leave provision, plus 1 company day and public holidays
- Double matching pension contributions up to 12% of salary
- Season ticket loan (up to £10,000) after completion of probationary period
- Additional flexible benefits.
You may be working remotely initially, but we`ll provide all the support you need. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply through our website. For any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity & Inclusion Monitoring:
We need your support to make sure our staff come from a variety of backgrounds so we especially welcome applications from disadvantaged communities. Even if you`re not selected, it would be really helpful if you could complete the diversity & inclusion data when you apply for this role, because we can make sure we are encouraging a diverse mixture of candidates to apply. Thank you very much.