Senior Policy Adviser
We are looking to recruit a Senior Policy Adviser to join our Healthcare Delivery team within our Communications and Policy Directorate.
This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in shaping the BMA’s high-profile policy work on a broad range of issues relating to healthcare delivery in the UK.
Your role will be to drive forward our programme of policy work, developing proposals that will help us influence the debate around key issues including supporting the NHS to deal with the pressures caused by Covid-19, building future resilience beyond the pandemic, NHS funding and staffing, digital transformation and the impact of privatisation.
In this role you will:
- provide expert policy advice and guidance to a variety of audiences including senior staff, committees, chief officers and members
- produce briefings, guidance and other practical support materials
- provide advice and analysis to support our media and communications activities
- represent the BMA at external events as required
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- experience in evidence-based policy development (ideally in a health or health-related context)
- excellent writing skills
- excellent research and data analysis skills
- ability to confidently analyse and help solve policy problems
- confidence to build influential relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- ability to think strategically and manage a complex portfolio of high profile policy issues
The British Medical Association (BMA) is the professional association and trade union for doctors and medical students in the UK. It has a prominent and influential position at the very heart of the current debate over the future of healthcare provision.
The BMA speaks for doctors at all stages of their careers and is a leading voice on a wide range of professional and political issues affecting medicine and health.
Why work for us?
As a BMA employee, you`ll receive:
- Generous annual leave provision, plus 1 company day and public holidays
- Double matching pension contributions up to 12% of salary
- Season ticket loan (up to £10,000) after completion of probationary period
- Additional flexible benefits.
You may be working remotely initially, but we`ll provide all the support you need. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply through our website. For any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity & Inclusion Monitoring:
We need your support to make sure our staff come from a variety of backgrounds so we especially welcome applications from disadvantaged communities. Even if you`re not selected, it would be really helpful if you could complete the diversity & inclusion data when you apply for this role, because we can make sure we are encouraging a diverse mixture of candidates to apply. Thank you very much.