Head of Committee Secretariat
We are looking to recruit a Head of Committee Secretariat- SASC /MSC on a one-year contract to lead the work of our Staff Associate Specialists & Speciality Doctors Committee (SASC) and Medical Students Committee (MSC).
Ensuring that the BMA leads debates on the range of public health, healthcare, and workforces’ issues is a critical function of the policy directorate, ensuring that our committees and internal structures work effectively and dynamically.
This will include:
- leading and managing a high performing team to ensure the successful delivery of committee outcomes.
- researching and drafting reports for the committee you work with
- working with members and colleagues across the policy directorate to develop and implement policy as well as providing strategic advice to committees on policy issues within their remit.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- to be able to grasp new concepts quickly
- to possess excellent writing and influencing skills and have experience in providing project support.
- to be able to work flexibly and have the practical aptitude to think quickly and respond to demands in a positive manner
- experience of working with committees and a knowledge and understanding of the issues facing the medical profession is desirable.
The British Medical Association (BMA) is the professional association and trade union for doctors and medical students in the UK. It has a prominent and influential position at the very heart of current debate over the future of healthcare provision. The BMA speaks for doctors at all stages of their careers and is a leading voice on a wide range of professional and political issues affecting medicine and health.
Why work for us?
As a BMA employee, you`ll receive:
- Generous annual leave provision, plus 1 company day and public holidays
- Double matching pension contributions up to 12% of salary
- Season ticket loan (up to £10,000) after completion of probationary period
- Additional flexible benefits.
You may be working remotely initially, but we`ll provide all the support you need. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply through our website. For any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity & Inclusion Monitoring:
We need your support to make sure our staff come from a variety of backgrounds so we especially welcome applications from disadvantaged communities. Even if you`re not selected, it would be really helpful if you could complete the diversity & inclusion data when you apply for this role, because we can make sure we are encouraging a diverse mixture of candidates to apply. Thank you very much.